<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 17, 2005

For Ever Dog
I've still got a few more weeks to grind out until Summer vacation, but yesterday was the last day of school for my students. Many still have to come in and take Regents tests (don't worry, I gave them a crash course in all things smoked brisket,) and many will have to attend summer school, but for the most part we're done.

The last few days after Finals are Hell. It's hot, and the kids pretty much refuse to work once they've handed in those last tests. I worked up some Michael Jackson-based vocabulary lessons (germphobic, pedophile, surgically-altered freak, Quincy Jones, disco-classic, crotch, etc...) but mostly was just baby-sitting and trying to keep things relaxed in order to prevent any heat-induced riots.

The last day was cool, though. Not that many kids showed up, and everyone who did was in a great mood, including me. We just sat around and shot the shit, talked about our summer plans, and said our goodbyes. Lots of kids said wonderful things to me that made me feel all warm and fuzzy, even if they were just kissing ass.

Pedro from Harlem showed up for a minute but took off early, forgetting his pencil. I kept it as a souvenir.

Dip-Pencil
Halla[sic] black to my nigga Cam'ron

Dip-Pencil
To my nigga Juelz and Jim Jones

Dip-Pencil
Dipset "Bitch" for ever dog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com