<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

Honeymoon
So far so good. The new semester is going so much smoother than the last one. I haven’t had more than a minute or two of dead time at the end of class (a major problem for me last semester), and no-one has cussed at me, thrown anything at me, or evenly openly defied me. My stress level is approaching zero. It’s like the fucking Twilight Zone.

Starting from day one has made a difference, as has not having more than 22 kids in any one class (as opposed to over 40 at this time last semester), not to mention my experience from last semester. I think I learned a lot, but it was already too late to get control of classes that I’d already lost, which was pretty much all of them. There also don’t seem to be as many little punk-ass fuckhead bastards on my rolls. That helps.

Better still, I’m like a celebrity in the halls. All my old students greet me enthusiastically with much exchanging of hand-slaps, snaps, and pounds. Even an old nemesis like Melva greeted me fondly.

“How are you? Como estas?” I asked her.

“I am missing you, Mr. Babylon," she replied with genuine affection. What a sweetheart.

We’ll see how long this honeymoon lasts.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com